Our Top Recommendation
- Includes 1 (2.03 pound) orgain organic plant based vanilla bean protein powder
- 21 grams of organic plant based protein (pea, brown rice, chia seeds), 2 grams of organic dietary fiber, low net...
- USDA organic, vegan, gluten free, dairy free, lactose free, low net carbs, no added sugar, soy free, kosher, non...
Is plant based protein powder a good source of protein for your plant-based diet?
Is it a must-have?
Can it make meal planning an easier experience?
When you live a plant-based life, you’re probably often concerned with protein. Having enough protein is important for a healthy body and mind both, but it can be difficult to get a complete protein chain every day with only plant sources.
For this reason, many people reach for plant-based protein powders instead of trying to balance every meal every day. This type of powder can make meal planning and prep a lot easier, and it can help you feel better and have better results on your plant-based diet, too.
In this article, we’ll teach you the basics about plant-based protein powders. Check out our list of top picks at the end, too.
1. Orgain Organic Plant Based Protein Powder
Choose between eight different flavors when you try Orgain Organic Plant Based Protein Powder . This powder is one of the most popular of its kind available and includes 21 grams of protein per serving. This protein comes from a variety of sources so it is complete, and everything used in the production of this powder is organic and vegan-friendly.
- This powder includes 5 grams of fiber as well as 5 grams of carbs so you’re getting a little more than just the protein in every dose.
- The powder is only 150 calories in a serving and doesn’t contain any added sugars.
- Many customers report having trouble with the chunky texture of this product and not liking the way it mixes into drinks.
- The product often has an unpleasant taste that many customers can’t get past, even when they try some of the flavored options instead of the plain one.
2. Organic Plant Protein Vegan Protein Powder
With this Organic Plant Protein Vegan Protein Powder , you can enjoy 20 grams of protein from health plant-based sources in a single dose. The mixture adds into drinks easily and smoothly, and it can also be used for baking and other methods of getting your daily protein needs.
- This product is sweetened with natural Stevia only and doesn’t contain any chemical additives or unwanted ingredients.
- The product comes in two different flavors.
- This protein powder doesn’t contain much else aside from the protein, and there are more complete powders out there.
- Many people dislike the taste of Stevia and find it too noticeable in this powder.
3. Nature’s Best Plant Based Vegan Protein Powder
Available in six different flavors, Nature’s Best Plant Based Vegan Protein Powder is a popular option that offers 20 grams of protein per serving. It is made from brown rice and organic peas for a healthy combination of sources that ensures you will get a more complete protein when you go with this product.
- This product comes from a well-known brand name that many customers continue to trust for their needs again and again.
- The product does not contain any cholesterol or sugar and is low in fat.
- The unflavored option still has a strong taste that many customers dislike.
- The product doesn’t dissolve very well.
4. Vega One All-In-One Plant Based Vegan Protein Powder
No products found. is one of the best-selling protein powders on the market. This product includes 20 grams of protein that comes from several sources, including pea, flax, and hemp, among others. This product is also fortified with probiotics.
- This supplement contains 50% of your daily vitamins and minerals in every dose.
- The product mixes more easily into smoothies than some of the others listed here.
- Recently, the formula has changed, and customers report more gas and stomach issues because of this.
- The taste is not very good with this product.
5. PlantFusion Complete Plant-Based Protein Powder
If you’re looking for a powder that is very popular and comes in a variety of container sizes, consider this PlantFusion Complete Plant-Based Protein Powder . This product is packed with plant-based sources that provide 21 grams of protein in a dose, and it’s also flavored with natural flavoring ingredients.
- This protein powder is designed to be easy to digest for those who have digestive sensitivities.
- The product comes in five different flavors so you can find the one that works best for you.
- The unflavored formula still has a strong taste that many people dislike.
- The texture is chalky and unpleasant.
To help you better understand plant-based protein powder, we’ve put together a short list of information below. Take a look so you can familiarize yourself with this product a little bit better.
All About Plant-Based Protein Powders
What is it made from?
These types of protein powders are made from plant-based organic sources. They have no dairy or wheat ingredients and are most commonly made from rice, peas, and hemp, although any plant protein source is an option.
How is it different from other protein powders?
Animal-based protein powders contain dairy and can aggravate digestive issues because of this. Many types of protein powder also contain wheat and can cause problems for those with gluten sensitivities and intolerances. A plant-based protein powder doesn’t often contain known allergens and is healthier overall than those that rely on other types of ingredients.
Is it better for you than an animal-based protein powder?
Yes—it’s usually lower in fat, calories, and cholesterol. These powders usually don’t contain any additives either, making them even healthier for you overall.
Characteristics of a great plant-based protein product:
- Complete protein. Look for several protein sources instead of just one or two so you know you’re getting a full protein chain.
- Tastes good. This can be tough to find, but it’s always a plus.
- Organic. Most of these powders are organic, but some may not be.
- Free from artificial ingredients. You do not want to eat artificial colors, flavorings, or sweeteners.
- Free from GMOs. Look for products that don’t contain GMO sources.
- Fortified with vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. The more you can get in a single supplement, the better.
- Gluten-free. Finally, always pick gluten-free options for better digestion.
Now that you know what to look for in a protein powder, it’s time to get out there and find the one that will work best for you. Remember that not everyone finds the right powder the first time, so you might need to try a few before you can narrow it down to something you’ll want to eat every day.
Last update on 2022-09-02 at 22:05 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.