Are you interested in taking a plant based cooking class?
Would you like to find out more about what to expect from a class like this?
Are you curious about whether or not these classes involve meal planning and more as well as cooking?
In a plant-based cooking class, you will learn to wash, chop, prepare, and cook plant-based foods in a variety of different meals and styles. You’ll develop cooking skills to assist you throughout your journey on a plant-based diet.
Depending on the course, you may also learn a little about meal planning, selecting the right ingredients, and sticking to a plant-based diet, too.
Below, we’ve put together a list of some of our favorite classes and programs to help you find the one that will teach the skills you’re looking for.
Read on to find some of the top plant based cooking classes for both online and in-person learning.
JUMP TO A SECTION:
1. Brownble Vegan Cooking and Lifestyle Online Program
VISIT THEM HERE: https://www.brownbleprograms.com/mybrownble
With the Brownble Vegan Cooking and Lifestyle Online Program, you’ll have access to dozens of useful videos to instruct you every step of the way. This course offers information to help you learn to cook or to better hone your skills if you already know how, and it includes lifestyle information as well.
- The program releases a new video every week.
- You can also learn how to stock your pantry, batch cook, and more.
- The course may be too disorganized for some people.
- The course doesn’t progress in terms of difficulty.
2. Forks Over Knives Plant-Based Vegan Online Cooking Course
VISIT THEM HERE: https://www.forksoverknives.com/cooking-course/#gs.bim402
Try the Forks Over Knives Plant-Based Vegan Online Cooking Course for information about how to make meals that are both plant-based and oil-free. These courses run for three months and encourage collaboration and communication between students throughout the program.
- You can earn a certificate from Rouxbe when you complete this course with a passing score.
- There is support and grading from a real instructor.
- This course begins on specified dates throughout the year, so it may not work with your schedule.
- The course fills up fast and can sometimes be unavailable when you’re looking for it.
3. Udemy Cook Real Food: How to Make Simple Plant-Based Meals
VISIT THEM HERE: https://www.udemy.com/cook-real-food/
For an affordable alternative that can help give you a basic foundation for cooking, consider the Udemy Cook Real Food: How to Make Simple Plant-Based Meals course. This class gives you general, simplified information on cooking basic food groups from a plant-based perspective.
- The course is presented and laid out in an organized format with a reasonable progression of skill level.
- The course includes information and research about plant-based eating instead of just cooking lessons.
- Those who have been eating plant-based for a while may feel bored with the first couple of lessons.
- The course is conducted almost entirely in videos, which may not be ideal for everyone.
4. Almost Vegan Cooking School Our Daily Greens
VISIT THEM HERE: https://almostvegancookingschool.com/online-class/our-daily-greens/
Check out the Almost Vegan Cooking School Our Daily Greens class to help you get a head start in preparing and enjoying your plant-based meals. This class teaches you how to work with some of the most popular leafy greens, including mustard greens, spinach, kale, and more.
- This class includes recipes and how-to guides for twelve different leafy greens meals and snacks.
- The course is easy to access and quick to work through.
- This class only includes one video and only covers one topic.
- There may not be a lot of instructor assistance available with this program.
5. Vegan Culinary Academy Online Courses
VISIT THEM HERE: http://veganculinaryacademy.multiscreensite.com/menu
When you study one of the Vegan Culinary Academy Online Courses, you can learn to prepare yourself for cooking plant-based meals in a commercial setting. These courses may sometimes be more relevant to home chefs, but they are usually designed for professionals looking to improve their repertoire or advance their skills.
- These courses are thorough and include plenty of information and chances to practice.
- The courses can be custom-tailored slightly to individual student needs.
- There are only a couple of lessons available from this school online.
- This school requires an online interview before students can be accepted into the program.
6. Live Simply Natural Plant-Based Cooking Classes
VISIT THEM HERE: https://www.livesimplynatural.com/plant-based-cooking-classes/
Location: Houston and surrounding areas
The Live Simply Natural Plant-Based Cooking Classes are available to anyone looking to prepare healthy meals with a plant-based focus. These lessons also incorporate whole foods into the mix, and they encourage students to learn more about meal planning, nutrition management, and overall health at the same time as cooking.
- There are children’s classes available through this program as well as adult classes.
- The program also offers other wellness classes.
- Since these are in-person courses, dates and times are limited.
- There may not always be cooking classes available, particularly since this program includes other types of wellness resources as well.
7. Mimi Clark’s Vegan Cooking Classes
VISIT THEM HERE: https://veggourmet.wordpress.com/classes/
Location: Virginia; Maryland; Washington, D.C.
Mimi Clark’s Vegan Cooking Classes cover a wide range of topics, with each season including a different main theme. There are also options for private and group lessons, particularly for commercial cooking purposes. These classes are entirely vegan and range in topics from soy-based food to sushi to beans and everything else, too.
- These classes are taught in-person by a well known plant-based chef and advocate for healthy vegan living.
- The courses can be taken at a discount if you sign up with more than one person in your party.
- The class dates and times are not available without reaching out for more information.
- The class topics may change at the last minute.
8. Chef Lisa Plant Based Cooking Programs
VISIT THEM HERE: https://www.cheflisaveg.com/plant-based-cooking-programs
Location: San Francisco
With these Chef Lisa Plant Based Cooking Programs, students can enjoy live demonstrations and lectures on how to prepare delicious, healthy, vegan foods. The classes also include information about how to choose the right ingredients for your meals and how to develop meal plans that stick to a plant-based lifestyle, too.
- Courses can be taken one-on-one or with just two students at a time for more hands-on interaction and help.
- Courses can also include health and wellness information to jumpstart your lifestyle.
- Prices are not available without reaching out first.
- Classes may not always be available year-round.
9. Pure Joy Planet Plant-Based Courses
VISIT THEM HERE: https://purejoyplanet.com/courses/
Location: United States West Coast
If you live on the West Coast of the United States and are interested in studying plant-based cooking at a variety of different levels, consider the Pure Joy Planet Plant-Based Courses. These courses are divided into skill groups and must be taken in the correct order before progressing.
- This program also includes a retreat once a year to help students learn and focus even more.
- There are online class options available from this program, too.
- It can be challenging to meet prerequisites for some classes when earlier skill levels are not offered that often.
- Classes focus on low-carb eating as well as plant-based, so they may not be ideal for everyone.
10. Plant 2 Platter Cooking Class
VISIT THEM HERE: https://plant2platter.com/index.php/services/cooking-class-menu/
Try a custom-built Plant 2 Platter Cooking Class when you’re looking for personalized assistance and information in your plant-based lifestyle. You can choose between a “classic” package that includes some basics or add on from there with more specialties and other deals offered by the program.
- The instructor purchases all ingredients and brings them to your home to conduct this course.
- This class can also be purchased for groups, couples, or for gourmet cooking skills as well.
- These are some of the most expensive classes on our list.
- The courses may not include as much meal planning and lifestyle help as others.
Did you find the right class for you? There are a lot to choose from, so don’t worry if it takes you a little time to narrow down your options and figure out the right solution for your needs. Remember that each cooking class is a little different, so the education you may get from one could differ from the rest in some ways.
Is it better to take an online class or an in-person one for this purpose? Why might one work better than the other for your situation? Overall, if you can take a class in-person, this is the better option. When you work with an instructor in person, you’re able to have real time feedback on your cooking and learn how to correct mistakes and improve your skills more quickly.
However, if you work full-time and still want to learn to cook plant-based meals, or if you don’t live in or near an area where these courses are offered, learning online is still a viable option. You may not have the benefit of instructor feedback, but you can still learn a lot from these courses.
Keep all this in mind to help you make the right decision from our list above!